The Sanctuary Congregation Coalition of Cincinnati has now supported Pepe Kaziala Mizumu, Titino Mabela Mizumu and Regina Kaziala Mizumu (age 3), from the Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), living at Clifton United Methodist Church, since October 30, 2019.
St John’s took a turn of weekly support the week of November 17 and our next week of support is the week of March 15.
Below is a sample of the volunteers needed for the week. Please contact Amy Monson firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer the week of March 15.
An interpreter will be arranged if needed.
- Drive Pepe and Tatina to ESL class on Monday evening 6:00-7:30 (pick up at CUMC at 5:40 to take to Cincinnati State and pick up at Cinn State and take back to CUMC at 7:30)
- Drive Pepe and Tatina to ESL class on Wednesday evening (same as Monday)
- Babysit for Regina while parents are at ESL class on Monday and Wednesday evenings (need two adults)
- Take the family to a grocery store (day and time to be arranged by driver and family’s schedule)
- Host the family for a social event – Social Event Ideas:
- Have the family over for a meal at someone’s home
- Invite them to an event at your place of worship
- An outing to the Cincinnati Museum Center, the Cincinnati Zoo, the Newport Aquarium, etc.
- If the weather is nice, visit a local park
- Include little kids if possible; it’s wonderful for Regina to have playmates!
- Possible legal appointment and need for babysitters.