The coronavirus pandemic has changed all of our lives but social distancing does not mean we have to stop learning or stop advocating to protect our environment… and our health. David Terry, one of our Green Sanctuary partners, suggested we hold a Zoom meeting sometime soon so we can talk about possible ideas going forward. Great idea! If I were to set up an impromptu Zoom meeting this Monday evening June 22, say at 7 pm, would you be able to join us? Contact Jeanne Nightingale and she will send you a link.
In the meantime, here are a few timely upcoming events:
- Saturday, June 20, 1- 3 pm (tomorrow!) – One Stop Drop Recycling Event 6/20/20. Cincinnati Recycles. City of Cincinnati, Office of Environment and Sustainability and Keep Cincinnati Beautiful have once again joined forces to bring you a super, mega recycling event Saturday, June 20th from 12-3! Apologies for the short notice recyclers! Rescheduling, venue changes, furloughs, and the like have been challenging, but we are so happy to be able to offer this service again. We’re hopeful that those of you that were anticipating participating in this event when it was originally scheduled in April might still have items.
- Sunday, June 21, 3 – 5:30 pm – Online screening of The Condor & Eagle produced in partnership with the UUA Side With Love campaign and InterNational Initiative for Transformative Collaboration. (See attachment below)
- Extended to Monday, June 22 – Free screening of The Human Element and 45-min webinar discussion with filmmaker James Balog. Click here to receive the link to view the film and register separately for the webinar. Click here to learn about more of the powerful films available during Interfaith Power & Light’s summer series.
- Wednesday, June 24, 1 pm – “Protest in a Pandemic” webinar sponsored by IPL and United Church of Christ. Michael Malcom of Alabama IPL will reflect on how protest has manifested itself during this time and the lessons that can be learned by communities of faith dedicated to answering the unrelenting call for justice.
- Monday, August 3, 7 pm – Sierra Club Miami Group Innings. Past Plastic Cincinnati will report on the coalition’s 12-year campaign to ban single-use plastics in Cincinnati. Plus a plan for the future: Can you imagine a supermarket with no plastics? The idea of the “Smart Supermarket” is being launched in countries around the world as we speak!